Dr Peter Biesenbach
Dr Peter Biesenbach has spent much of his career in senior roles at the Federation of German Industries (BDI), and latterly spent 10 years at Robert Bosch GmbH as a Senior Vice President.
Dr Biesenbach studied Sociology and Economics at the Universities of Braunschweig, Berlin and Cologne. Having received his PhD in 1987 he became a Research Fellow at the Institute of Economics and Social Sciences at the University of Cologne.
In 1991, Dr Biesenbach moved to the Federation of German Industries (BDI) as an Advisor on Research and Technology Policy; after two years, he was raised to the position of Senior Advisor on International Trade Law. After two years more, he became Director of International Trade Policy at the BDI, and was a delegate to several international committees, including:
- Business and Industry Advisory Committee to the OECD in Paris
- The ICC Commission on International Trade and Investment Policy in Paris
- The World Trade Organization in Geneva, and
- The Commission on Trade Policy, Union of Industrial and Employers’ Confederations of Europe (BUSINESSEUROPE) in Brussels
In 2000, Dr Biesenbach became Director and Head of Presidential Office and the Office of the Executive Board, and Head of European Affairs, at the Federation of German Industries (BDI) before rising finally to the role of Senior Vice President and Executive Director Foreign Economic Affairs and International Relations in 2007.
The following year, Dr Biesenbach moved to Robert Bosch GmbH as Senior Vice President and Head of Corporate Department External Affairs and Governmental and Political Relations. During the past 10 years, he has been highly influential in the development of ideas about future mobility and clean transport technologies and was a board member of a number of key organisations, including:
- Presidential Board of the German Council on Road Safety (Deutscher Verkehrssicherheitsrat)
- Presidential Board of Agora Verkehrswende (German think tank for Mobility of the Future)
- Steering Committee of the Board of VDA (Association of the German Automotive Industry)
After ten years in such a key influencer role at Robert Bosch, Dr Biesenbach joined AirSensa’s Advisor Council, where he will help to define the company’s strategy and growth in Germany and the wider EU.